EVIDENCE / ID
- Squad Video
- Body Worn Camera
- Accident Report
- Incident Report
- Background Check
– Audio Recordings
Requests will be fulfilled as soon as practicable and without delay based on the order in which they were received. Under Wisconsin law, a request for access to a public record may not be refused because the person making the request is unwilling to be identified. However, if the request involves restricted record access, we will contact you to obtain proof that you are someone statutorily authorized to obtain the requested record. Due to the high volume of requests, 10 working days is generally a reasonable time for responding to a simple request for a limited number of easily identifiable records. For requests that are broader in scope, or that require location, review, or redaction of many documents, a reasonable time for responding may be longer.
Requests may be made:
- By completing the Fillable/Printable Form which can be mailed, faxed or brought in–person
- By telephone
- In person
- Evidence: (262) 605–7950
- Records: (262) 653–6909
- Communications: (262)653–6927
Completed records requests will be mailed to the requestor, or may be picked in person. We do not fax or email completed requests.
FEE SCHEDULE (not all departments offer every option)
- Printed or photocopies of paper records $0.05 per page
- Reproduced digital media:
- CD (700MB) - $0.59
- DVD (4.7GB) - $0.63
- DVD Dual Layer (8.5GB) - $1.14
- Blu-Ray Discs (25GB) - $1.27
- Blu-Ray Discs (50GB) - $3.25
- Fees associated with mailing or shipping may be applied
- Fees in excess of $5.00 will require prepayment otherwise payment is due upon receipt of the record
Fingerprinting hours are as follows: Monday thru Friday
- Walk–ins WEDNESDAYS ONLY 9:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M.
- Pre–Court Processing 11:30 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.
- Probation & Parole Registration 1:00 P.M. to 3:00 P.M.
Most requests will receive a reply within ten business days.
Fingerprint Record Removal Request through the State of Wisconsin (Criminal Records Unit).
State of Wisconsin
Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Obtain a Driver Record Abstract (driving record)
Wisconsin Criminal History Record Checks
Obtain background check and criminal history information contact Crime Information Bureau
Submit a completed Criminal History Record request form to:
- Crime Information Bureau
- Record Check Unit
- P.O. Box 2688
- Madison, WI 53701–2688
Background check forms may be found at:
Any questions should be directed to the Wisconsin Crime Information Bureau by calling (608)266–5764.